Looking after your Machine
Espresso: TLC – Looking after your machine
At the end of the working day or if possible at the end of every shift – follow the basic cleaning routine listed below as a core standard.
- Remove the mesh filter from the portafilter unit
- Clean the mesh filter with a food grade nylon brush
- Clean the inside of each group head with the nylon brush getting rid of old coffee grounds trapped in the seal gaskets etc
- At the end of the day immerse the steam wand in an approved food safe detergent / sanitizer solution. (follow the manufacturer’s instructions)
- Remove the drip tray and wash
- Clean around the work surfaces of the machine and counter
- Remove any old grounds from the grinder knock out drawer and clean out the drawer and sanitise.
- Clean and sanitise the tools of the trade (jugs, spatulas etc)
- Back flush the machine.